Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is practice-based for those with experience in a leadership or management role within the Health and Social Care sector, who meet additional regulatory requirements which apply to some work settings.
It is suitable for learners who:
- are looking to demonstrate the competencies set out in the qualification as part of their work role, and who meet any work setting minimum age regulations
- have completed an appropriate Level 4 Leadership and Management qualification, who have the opportunity to put theory into practice, and meet any additional regulatory requirements
What will the qualification cover?
The mandatory content of the Level 5 Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care: practice qualification consists of the following mandatory units:
- Lead and manage person/child-centred practice
- Lead and manage effective team performance
- Lead and manage the quality of service provision to meet legislative, regulatory and organisational requirements
- Professional practice
- Lead and manage practice that promotes safeguarding of individuals
- Lead and manage health, safety and security in the workplace/setting
- A range of optional units are also available within this qualification
To achieve the Level 5 Leadership and Management of Health and Social Care: Practice qualification learners must achieve a minimum of 120 credits in total.
- 20 credits must be achieved from Mandatory group A
- 70 credits must be achieved from Mandatory group B
- A minimum of 30 credits must be achieved from the Optional group.
Level 5 Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care: practice will be externally assessed.
Learners must successfully complete:
- a portfolio of evidence
- a business project
- a professional discussion
What could the qualification lead to?
The qualification allows learners to progress their employment opportunities or to continue to further study at a higher level.